With the big event coming up, you have a lot on your plate: hair, nails, waxing, spray tanning. There is a lot to do, but you also don’t want to overdo it, especially when it could affect your personal comfort level. The Wax Factory is all about waxing from head to toe, but we also do spray tanning, which could help you cover two of those items on the list. Just a quick search for “Spray Tan After Waxing” will put you in the right spot. Call today to book your appointment: 970-282-9499.
At The Wax Factory, we believe in living life smoothly. Tired of shaving or plucking? We specialize in whole-body waxing. We target anywhere you have unwanted hair. This time, with that big day or event ahead, you want to have an enjoyable time without the hassle of having to keep up your shaving or plucking routine. A good waxing can last three to four weeks, leaving your skin smooth. That way you can enjoy a two-week vacation on the beach — and leave the razor at home.
The Wax Factory gets to the root of the problem
The Wax Factory is not only for women seeking to remove underarm, eyebrow, or leg and bikini hair. We are open to male and female clients who need to get rid of unsightly and unwanted body hair. Divide that unibrow. Clean up that back. Nychelle Rivera and her husband started this business 11 years ago and have developed their own special technique for waxing that is quicker and less painful, with longer-lasting results. Our experienced waxing team can address any of your questions, such as “Should I spray tan after Brazilian wax?” or “How long should you wait to spray tan after waxing?” We have locations in Fort Collins and Longmont, and we serve residents everywhere in between.
Getting a spray tan after waxing is a great combination
Get to your vacation with a little color to reduce the sun exposure you would normally get. A spray tan after waxing will be a good tool for you. Waxing actually acts as an exfoliant, which leaves your skin much smoother, promoting a more even spray-tan application. But sunless tanning isn’t always so cut and dry. In many cases, you will need to wait a couple of days before actual exposure to the sun, and if you plan to get a spray tan after waxing, you should really wait up to 48 hours before you get a spray tan. The answer is no different if you are also wondering about getting an eyebrow wax before spray tanning.
According to the Cleveland Clinic, waxing can leave your skin feeling irritated and/or inflamed. Another thing to consider is that your hair must be ¼” to ½” to be waxed. Waxing is considered a great exfoliator, yes, but it also leaves your pores open for a bit, which spray tanning can irritate. That is why it is important to time your services just right. You can rest assured that you will avoid the damage the sun usually doles out on your skin with this alternative method.
We understand if there is a lot to remember, but the team at The Wax Factory will help you weigh your options when you are thinking about getting a spray tan after waxing. We will work with you on timing it just right, as long as we have enough time to work with. Waxing eliminates hair from the root, so you have ample time between appointments to complete all you need. Our appointments usually last 15 minutes so you can be in and out during your lunch hour or even after work. You also can book your appointment online.
Helpful tips for spray tanning after your wax treatment
Here are the steps you should take for a smooth and satisfying experience when getting a spray tan after waxing, especially the sensitive areas:
- Give Your Skin Some Breathing Room: After waxing those sensitive areas, take a breather and wait it out. It’s best to give your skin 24 to 48 hours to recover before going for a spray tan. Patience pays off!
- Prep the Canvas: The day before your spray tan appointment, gently exfoliate the areas that got waxed. This helps your skin shed any dead cells, giving the spray tan a nice, even surface to hold onto. After exfoliating, remember to moisturize with a light, oil-free lotion.
- Loose is the Way to Go: On spray tan day, ditch the tight clothes, especially around the waxed spots. You don’t want anything rubbing against your freshly waxed and tanned skin, causing any irritation or smudging.
- Be Kind to Sensitive Spots: Give those recently waxed areas a little extra TLC. Apply a thin layer of barrier cream or petroleum jelly to protect them during the spray tan session. It acts like a friendly shield between your skin and the tanning solution.
- Talk to Your Technician: Don’t be shy to chat with your spray tan technician. Let them know about the waxed areas and any concerns you might have. They’re the pros and might have some specific tips to ensure you get the best results without any hiccups.
- Time is the Secret: Once the spray tan is on, let it work its magic. Be patient for around 6 to 8 hours, allowing the tan to develop fully. During this time, avoid activities that make you sweat buckets.
- Nourish and Be Gentle: After your spray tan has developed, keep the glow going by moisturizing your skin regularly. Keep away from harsh exfoliants or products that could mess up your tan. Be gentle and loving to your newly tanned skin!
Following these simple steps will give you a gorgeous spray tan that shows off your sensitive areas in the best light, without any discomfort or issues. Happy tanning!
Our happy waxing customers are our best advocates
“I had a great experience at the Fort Collins location with Kortney. Online booking was a breeze, I went in for an arm wax and it took less than 15 minutes which was great. Although it was fast, it was very thorough. Kortney was so friendly and personable, as well as being clean and professional. I will definitely be back!” — Abbie Phillips
“Love these gals! This is the only place I will ever go for waxes ever again! Little did you know, it doesn’t have to be as painful as you have experienced everywhere else… Trust me, try the Wax Factory. Every one of the girls is super friendly and nice – seriously, you leave a 15-minute appointment thinking you just made new friends! They clearly have a method to how they do things and how to make it as easy of an experience as possible and they teach every new person that method so it’s consistent and you’re not feeling like you need to make up an excuse to get out of there when you figure out who is doing your wax that day. I also never really have to wait more than 15 minutes and that’s on a busy day. They’re efficient and get people in and out quickly.” — Amanda Hoffman
The Wax Factory has two convenient locations in Fort Collins and Longmont. Let The Wax Factory help you discover how to “live life smooth” at affordable prices. Book an appointment today. Follow us on Facebook or view us on Instagram for the latest information and special deals.